Yummy Boiled Egg Gravy | முட்டை மாசாலா கிரேவி is a side dish prepared using boiled eggs immersed in a tasty gravy prepared using curd, tomato purée, chopped onions and other ingredients such as ginger garlic, cumin, chilly powder and some more spices. This gravy can be used as side dish for all types of parathas and rice. This is a very easy to prepare recipe and so can be recommended for beginners and bachelors.
Prepare this yummy ? boiled egg gravy at home by following the easy steps given below and enjoy. You all may know how healthy eggs are. To know more click on health benefits of egg
- Eggs – 4
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste/ inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder/ malli podi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Tomato – 1 cup (puree)
- Curd/ yogurt/ thayir – 1 cup
1. Boil eggs in medium flame with enough water for 15 minutes.
2. Transfer boiled eggs to cold water. Remove egg shells completely and cut each egg into two halves as shown in the photo below and keep aside.
3. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan.
4. Add cumin seeds.
5. Add chopped onion and sauté for few minutes.
6. Add Ginger garlic paste and sauté again.
7. Now add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
8. Add puréed tomatoes to it and sauté for few minutes
9. Add half a cup of water, mix well, close and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
10. Switch off the stove. Now add beaten curd slowly and mix well.
11. Now add the gravy to boiled eggs without breaking the eggs. Serve along with phulkas or chappathis.