Wheat vermicelli vegetable Pasta recipe | Vegetarian is a very easy to cook healthy recipe where all vegetables and wheat vermicelli is added. We have prepared another vegetable pasta with maida pasta. There are so many shapes of pastas available in the market. You can select as per your wish. This recipe can be recommended for bachelors and beginners. This can be prepared for morning breakfast and evening snacks as well. As we add all vegetables it a healthy food for children and everyone. Now let us prepare wheat vermicelli vegetable pasta following the easy steps given below.
Why it is important to eat vegetables? – click on the link for more details.
To Serve:- 2 persons
Preparation time:- 15 minutes
- Pasta- 1 cup (here I have taken wheat vermicelli)
- Mixed vegetables – 1 cup (carrots, peas, beans, cabbage, cauliflower preferred)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal/ ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/ perungayam – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Green chilly – 1 (chopped)
- Bell pepper/ Shimla mirchi (any colour) – 1/2 (chopped)
1. Cook all the vegetables with one cup of water for 5 minutes. I do not add too much of water. If you a have little water left out after cooking the vegetables, drain it and you can use that water for cooking pasta.
2. Roast Pasta in one teaspoon of oil till it turns golden brown.
3. Add one cup of water and cook for 10 – 15 minutes according to the thickness of the vermicelli. If you have exces water after cooking you can drain it. I have kept the correct amount of water.
4. Add required salt and cooked vegetables to cooked pasta.
5. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add urad dal and when it turns golden brown, add asafoetida, chopped onion, chopped green chilly and bell pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Put this content to pasta with vegetables. Mix well without breaking the pasta.
6. Serve along with desired chutney or podi.
Other related recipes in my website is Healthy Vegetable Pasta recipe | noodles