Wheat flour Idiyappam recipe | godhumai idiyappam is made with wheat flour with one fourth of rice flour to make it more soft. It is prepared in the same method as we have prepared Rice flour idiyappam. Wheat Idiyappam is a perfect breakfast recipe which is easily digetable and feels light in stomach. Seasoning increases its taste. Here I have used store bought wheat idiyappam flour.
Other breakfast recipes:-
You can also prepare this flour at home. To prepare this take one cup (200 ml) of wheat flour and dry roast for 5 minutes in a fry pan. Add 1/4 cup of rice flour to this and mix well. You can use this if you do not have wheat Idiyappam flour.
- wheat Idiyappam flour – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
- water – as needed
- onion – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 number
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a tea pan.
2. Pour it into the wheat Idiyappam flour and mix using a ladle.
3. Close it using a lid and let it rest for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes put it in an Idiyappam press and keep it ready.
4. Heat water in an Idiyappam pan and make Idiyappam using the press. Same way make two to three sets in an Idiyappam press.
5. Close and cook in steam for 5 minutes.
6. When it is well cooked transfer to a plate.
7. Break them in a bowl by sprinkling little water.
8. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal. When it turns golden add chopped onion, green chillies and curry leaves.
9. Transfer the seasoning to the wheat Idiyappam. Add required salt and one tsp of lemon juice. Mix well and serve.