Wheat Dosa recipe | கோதுமை தோசை is another type of dosa which is prepared instantly from wheat flour. We can choose this recipe when we do not have fermented rice batter or time to make dinner or breakfast. You can prepare this wheat dosa within 10 minutes.
Dosa is one of the popular food in South India sold in restaurants as well as streets. I have shared with you many varieties of dosa like தக்காளி தோசை, Greengram dosai, Crispy corn dosai , Oats dosa , Kambu dosai, Rice Dosa , and more.
Here I have given you the preparation of batter with wheat flour alone. You can also prepare this with little rice flour. Some people will add half a cup of butter milk to the batter and leave it to set for ten to fifteen minutes to ferment. That is also purely optional. It will be good even without fermentation.
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
To serve:- 2 persons
A short video link for the recipe:-
Wheat Dosa recipe – Ingredients:-
- wheat flour/ godhumai maavu – 2 cups
- salt / uppu – to taste (approximately 1 tsp)
Wheat Dosa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly take wheat flour in a bowl and add required salt. Add enough water and make a batter to a watery consistency to make dosa (can also use egg beater to mix)
2. Secondly heat a dosa pan and make dosa by pouring one to two ladle of batter and spreading it in a circular motion. Sprinkle with 1 tea spoon of oil, and close with a lid for 2 minutes.
3. Further turn it upside down and leave for 2 more minutes to cook on the other side.
4. Now I have shown you the other side too, to have a look after cooking. Finally you can serve with any chutney, sambar or podi.
5. You can add chopped onions and green chillies if you prefer. It is purely optional.