Vetrilai Kashayam recipe | Betel Leaves | Cold | Cough relief tea prepared using betel leaves , tulasi , pepper corns and palm jaggery is a medicinal drinkwhich helps for treating many disorders.
1. Helps in treating diabetes: It is believed that the components present in betel leaves can reduce the level of sugar in the blood, thus treating diabetes.
2. Aids in weight-loss: Betel leaves can be used effectively by people who are trying to shed weight. It reduces body fat and increases the metabolic rate of the body.
3. Prevents carcinogens that lead to cancer: Chewing betel leaves is known to prevent oral cancer as it helps to maintain the levels of ascorbic acid in the saliva.
4. Heals wounds: Betel leaves, when applied over a wound and bandaged, can heal a wound and accelerate the healing process. They are also widely used in Ayurveda for treating boils.
5. Cures headache: If you are suffering from a severe headache, betel leaves can come to your rescue. The leaves have cooling properties which provide instant relief from the ache when applied externally.
6. Consuming this betel leaf kashayam gives relief from cold and cough.
- betel leaves / vetrilai – 2 number
- tulasi leaves – 2 tblsp
- pepper corns / milagu – 1 tsp
- palm jaggery / panai vellam – 1 tsp
- water – 2 cups
1. Collect all the ingredients. Cut betel leaves into small pieces and keep it ready.
2. Boil water along with chopped betel leaves, Tulasi and pepper corns.
3. Allow it to boil continuously until water reduces to half the amount.
4. Filter it through a fine mesh filter.
5. Add palm jaggery, mix till it dissolves, garnish with a tulasi leaf and serve when it is warm.
6. This helps in cold and cough relief.
You may also like