Healthy vegetable Rava Upma recipe | காய்கறி ரவா உப்புமா is prepared using rava with all types of vegetables which make the dish very healthy and tasty. This is one of the easiest breakfast and we can make it healthy by adding vegetables. We have already seen about ரவா உப்புமா.
- Rava/semolina/sooji – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups (rava:water – 1:2)
- Green chilly – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (chopped)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Carrot – 1 (chopped)
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- White corn – 1/2 cup
- (You can choose any vegetables you wish)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly – 1
- Curry leaves – few
For garnishing :-
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1tsp (optional)
- Fresh coriander – little
1. Dry roast rava in a pan. When it gets heated well switch off the stove, before it changes colour.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, and when it splutters add urad dal, and when it turns golden brown add asafoetida.
3. When it splutters add chopped green chillies, red chilly, curry leaves, ginger and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Now add the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Add a cup of water, close lid and cook for a few minutes.
6. When vegetables get cooked, add required salt.
7. Add water (1:2) Keep in low flame and add rava.
8. Stir continuously without forming lumps, till rava gets well cooked, and no water was left out.
9. When Upma gets ready, switch off flame.
10. Garnish with ghee, pepper and fresh coriander and serve along with desired chutney.