Vegetable Cutlet recipe | காய்கறி கட்லெட் is one of the tastiest snacks which we can prepare in evenings for School kids and everyone will like it’s taste. Potato is the base for this cutlet as we use for all other cutlets. First we cook potatoes and remove the skin. All other vegetables are grated, fried and mixed with cooked potatoes.
After that cutlets were made into desired shapes which kids love and it will be an all time favourite for kids. Bread crumbs gives crispness to the cutlets. You can make your kids consume vegetables through this cutlets. We add carrots, cabbage and beans or peas in this cutlets. Follow the method given below and prepare these tasty cutlets. This is one among the Mumbai street Chaat. We have already prepared many Mumbai street foods such asPav Bhaji, Vada Pav, Chole Bhature, Aloo Samosa, Gobi manchurian, Potato Puri masala and Pani Puri.
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
To Serve:- 4 persons
A short video for the recipe:-
Vegetable Cutlet recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- potatoes – 4 number
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- ginger / inji – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- garlic / poondu – 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 4 number (finely chopped)
- carrort, cabbage, beans, peas – 1.5 cups (any vegetables can be chopped finely)
- coriander leaves / kothamalli – 1/2 cup ( finely chopped)
- garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- rie flour / arisi maavu – 3 tsp mixed in water
- bread crumbs / rotti thool – 1 cup
- oil – for deep frying
Vegetable Cutlet recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all cook potatoes well in a rice cooker with enough water and once when pressure is released, take it out and remove skin.
2. Secondly heat one table spoon of oil in a fry pan and add finely chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic, coriander and other needed vegetables one by one. Fry for few minutes and switch off the stove.
3. Then take the cooked potatoes in a bowl and add garam masala powder and required salt. Mash it well with a potato masher or using your hands and as a result you will get a fine dough.
4. After that add the fried vegetables to the dough and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Now make cutlets to the desired shapes. I have done long rolls like kebab and flattened circles too. You can also put it in moulds for other shapes.
6. After that dip the cutlets in rice flour mixed in water, and then in bread crumbs to make a thick coat on the surface.
7. Finally heat oil in a fry pan and deep fry the cutlets to golden brown, one by one without breaking.
8. Serve the cutlets hot with tomato sauce.