Tulasi-Ginger-Pepper Kashayam recipe | cold cough relief is a kashayam prepared from tulasi, ginger and pepper and it is used to treat cold and cough. It also helps in digestion. You can consume this kashayam early morning before food, to get its medicinal benefits completely. This is nothing but a tea prepared using the medicinal ingredients, tulasi, ginger and black pepper. This kashayam can be served to all age groups from kids to elders. Now let us see how to prepare this kashayam in simple steps.
- tulasi leaves – 1 cup or handful
- ginger / inji – 1 inch piece
- pepper corns / milagu – 10 number
1. Collect all the ingredients. Wash tulasi and separate the leaves from its stem. Remove skin from ginger and chop them. Grind coarsely all the ingredients, tulasi, chopped ginger and pepper corns in a mixer jar.
2. Boil 2 cups of water along with the coarsly ground mixture of tulsi, ginger and pepper corns. Let it reduce to one cup (half the amount which was kept in the beginning)
3. Once it is reduced to half the amount, switch off the stove. Filter and remove the coarsly ground and cooked ingredients and serve the kashayam warm. You can also add one tsp of honey or palm sugar or jaggery for taste. This helps to get relief from cold and cough during climatic changes. This kashayam also helps in digestion.
We have already prepared few recipes which helps in cold and cough relief. The recipes are below.
If you like this recipe please share with your friends. Give your valuable comments regarding this kashayam.