Tomato Toor dal soup | Thakkali thuvaram paruppu soup is prepared with tomato, toor dal, onion, green chilly, ginger, turmeric powder and salt. Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm or hot that is made by combining ingredients such as meat or vegetables with liquids like stock, juice or water. Traditionally classified into two groups as clear soups and thick soups. Commonly used ingredients in Indian soups are vegetables, lentils, flour and grains. Many soups include tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes. To know more click – soups
Tomato Toor dal soup – Ingredients:-
- tomatoes/ thakkali – 2 number (chopped)
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chilly – 1
- ginger/ inji – 1/4 inch piece
- toor dal/ thuvaram paruppu – handful
- salt – to taste
- one tsp of ghee, 1/4 tsp of cumin-pepper powder and few fried corns to garnish
Tomato Toor dal soup – Method of preparation:-
1. Chop the vegetables – tomatoes, onion, green chilly and ginger and cook it with toor dal and turmeric powder with enough water in a pressure cooker for one whistle.
2. Once pressure is released, filter the cooked ingredients using a filter. Cool down to room temperature and blend it in a blender into a fine paste.
3. Mix both the filtered liquid and the blended paste together, add required salt and water according to the required consistency. Check for taste and add salt if needed.
4. Heat the soup once again.
5. Garnish with pepper cumin powder a tsp of ghee and some fried corns and serve.
For other soup recipes in my website click on the links below