Tomato rice recipe | Thakkali Sadham | Vegetarian recipe is prepared with the taste of tomatoes with rice and spices. A good tiffin box recipe that can be prepared specially for travelling. Tomatoes will be mostly available at home and can be prepared easily. Simple to cook, easy to carry in lunch boxes and have a delicious taste.
We have already prepared
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
To Serve:- 2 persons
Tomato rice Thakkali Sadham – Ingredients:-
- raw rice / pacharisi – 1 cup (you can choose any type of rice. Here I’ve chosen broken rice) approximately 180 grams cup
- onion – 2 (chopped lengthwise)
- tomatoes – 4 (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (slit)
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/3 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- ginger garlic paste / inji Poondu paste – 1 tsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
Tomato rice Thakkali Sadham – Ingredients For Seasoning:-
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida / perungaayam – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
Tomato rice Thakkali Sadham – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all chop onions lengthwise, and also grind tomatoes in a mixie to a smooth paste.
2. Mean while cook rice and drain water and keep it ready.
3. After that heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add a pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves.
4. Subsequently add chopped onion, green chillies and ginger garlic paste and fry till they turn pale.
5. Then add ground tomatoes and sauté for few minutes.
6. Now add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and sauté.
7. When it comes to a jelly like consistency add Garam Masala powder.
8. Switch off the stove and finally add cooked rice, mix well and check for taste.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.