Tomato raita recipe | thakkali thayir pachadi can be prepared during summer days and can be served along with any type of biriyani or pulao. We prepare with fresh juicy tomatoes , grated coconut, green chilly, cumin seeds, salt and thick cold curd. Tempering can be done with mustard seeds and garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Other Raita varieties you may like :-
Gooseberry Raita and
Now let us see how to prepare this easy tomato raita.
- fresh juicy tomatoes / thakkali – 4 number
Ingredients to grind:-
- grated coconut / thuruviya thengai – 2 tsp
- green chilly / pachai milagai – 1
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/4 tsp
- curd / yogurt – 1 cup (200 ml)
- fresh coriander leaves – few
1. Select well roped red juicy tomatoes for preparing this Raita. Wash and chop fresh juicy tomatoes into small cubes of even size.
2. Grind grated coconut, green chilly and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
3. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds.
4. When it splutters add chopped tomatoes to it.
5. Fry for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Add the ground paste of coconut and salt.
7. Next add one cup of thick curd to it.
8. Mix well, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with any biriyani or pulao of your choice.
If you like this recipe share with your friends and subscribe for more such recipes.