Tips | home made asafoetida powder | perungayam | hing powder can be very easily prepared at home and as a result we will get healthy and hygienic asafoetida. Solid asafoetida is bought from stores, sun dried and powdered at home. We use asafoetida almost in all our recipes which in turn is very helpful in digestion. More over it is always good and healthy if we make the powders at home. It is very important to buy the original product and powder it at home. Asafoetida powders available in stores contains 60% of gums it seems.
We have already prepared many powders at home such as
Today let us see how to prepare this healthy asafoetida powder at home.
Tips | asafoetida powder – Ingredients:-
- asafoetida / perungayam – 100 grams
Tips | asafoetida powder – Method:-
1. First of all buy asafoetida cubes from a store and dry them in sunlight for 2 days until it becomes very dry.
2. Secondly break it into pieces using a pestle and motor or in an “ammikkal” or using a stone into smaller pieces. When asafoetida is well dried it will break easily.
3. After that powder it in a mixie and hence you will get a powder which will be fine in texture.
4. Finally store this powder in a container and use when ever needed in your cooking. This asafoetida powder enhances the food to digest easily. So we use it almost in all of our recipes along with mustard seeds and urad dal while we do seasoning for the dishes.