Thayir | Sambar vadai recipe | தயிர் | சாம்பார் வடை is a very tasty recipe prepared with ulundha vadai. I have already given you the method of preparing ulundha Vadai | Urad dal vadai. This will be a perfect evening snacks. I will give you the steps of preparing thayir vadai at first
Ingredients for Thayir vadai:-
- ulundha vadai – 4 (or as you need)
- grated coconut – 2 tsp
- green chilly – 1
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- ginger/ inji – 1/2 inch
- curd/ thayir – 1 cup (use a thick curd)
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
1. Grind grated coconut, green chilly, cumin seeds and ginger into a fine paste.
2. Then add curd and blend once and keep it aside.
3. Put vada’s in hot water for one minute.
4. Take it out, press with a ladle (pakad) or with both your hands and remove excess of water.
5. Pour the ground mixture of curd above it.
6. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add curry leaves and pour the seasoning over the vadai.
7. Garnish with coriander or whatever you wish. Here I’ve garnished with pomegranate.
Now let us see how to prepare Sambar vadai:-
I have already posted about the preparation of sambar. Chettinad Breakfast Sambar recipe | செட்டிநாடு சாம்பார்
Ingredients for sambar vadai:-
- vadai – 4 number
- sambar – 1 cup
- In the same way as we prepared for thayir vadai, here too we should put the vada’s in hot water for one minute and press to remove excess of water. Keep it in a bowl and pour hot sambar over it. Keep it for five to ten minutes and let the vada’ absorb the sambar fully. Serve hot.