Thayir Sadham recipe | curd rice | தயிர் சாதம் is a southindian cuisine which is commonly served at the end of a meal during lunch or dinner. This is a nutritious and easy to prepare recipe. Curd rice with garlic or vadu maanga pickle is the best combination. This curd rice can be garnished with pomegranate, seedless grapes or carrot to make it delicious. Seasonings can also be added according to your wish. We have already prepared many rice varieties such as Lemon Rice , Coconut rice, Coriander Rice, Tomato rice , Groundnut rice , Nellikkai sadham , Pudina Rice , tamarind rice and many more. To know about rice, its nutritional value and health benefits click the link – Rice – cereal – health . Today let us learn to prepare curd rice which is very easy.
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
To Serve:- 2 person
Thayir Sadham recipe – Ingredients:-
- raw rice/ pacharisi – 1 cup (approximately 200 grams)
- boild milk/ kaaichiya paal – 1 cup
- curd/ yoghurt/ thayir – 1/4 cup Making curd at home
- butter – 2 tblsp
- salt – to taste
Thayir Sadham recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:- (optional. If we add carrots we can do seasoning. If not we an garnish with fruits without seasoning.)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- green chilly – 1 (slit)
- Ginger/ inji – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
Thayir Sadham recipe – Ingredients for Garnishing:-
Seedless grapes chopped into two halves, Pomegranate or Carrot as per wish.
Thayir Sadham recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all cook rice with enough water ( 1:3 in ratio) in a pressure cooker, or in any other open container with water and drain excess water after cooking. Refer Cooking white rice
2. Secondly mix butter and milk to rice in a bowl, with salt and mash a little using a potato masher when the rice is hot.
3. Mean while heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add ginger, green chilly and mustard seeds, and when it splutters add curry leaves and switch off the stove.
4. Finally pour it in the rice bowl and add curd and mix well. Garnish with grated carrots.
5. You can also garnish with Pomegranate without seasoning and serve with any pickle.
6. You can cut seedless grapes into 2 or 3 pieces and added to curd rice which is another option.
7. Grate carrots finely and add to curd rice which will be very healthy.
8. While using fruits, you can add fruits and seasoning is not needed as it will be sweet in taste.