Tasty Beans masala recipe | பீன்ஸ் மசாலா is a side dish prepared for rice in South India with cluster beans, onion, tomato, garlic spices and coconut milk with salt. This is an easy to prepare recipe and everyone can try this. I have given you in easy steps to follow.
- Beans – 250 gms
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Garlic/ poondu – 3-4 pods (chopped)
- Turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds/ sombu – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper/ milagu – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
1. Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and pepper seeds. When it splutters add curry leaves.
2. Now add chopped onions, garlic and sauté for few minutes. Next add chopped tomatoes and sauté in low flame.
3. Now add chopped beans and sauté for few minutes.
4. Add half a cup of water.
5. Close and cook. When beans becomes tender and soft, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt. Cook in low flame for some more minutes. Next add coconut milk and cook. When all water gets evaporated and beans masala gets thick, switch off flame.
6. Transfer to serving bowl garnish with spring onions and serve as side dish along with rice.