Sweet corn Sundal recipe | sweet corn recipes is a tasty and yummy Sundal which can be prepared in evenings for school going kids. This Sundal can also be prepared during Navarathri for neivedhyam to goddess Durga. This is very easy to prepare with sweet corn kernels. It can be separated from sweet corn easily. I have already shared with you some of the Sundal recipes, such as navadhaniya Sundal, karamani Sundal, Channa Sundal, green gram Sundal, Channa dal sundal and much more. Now let us see how to prepare a Sundal using sweet corn. Follow the steps carefully, prepare and enjoy its taste.
Preparation Time :- 10 minutes
To Serve:- 2
Sweet corn Sundal recipe – Ingredients:-
- sweet corn kernels – from one big corn
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Sweet corn Sundal recipe – Ingredients for seasoning:-
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / perungaayam – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly / vara milagai – 1
- Green chilly / pachai milagai – 1
- Curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- Grated coconut – 2 tblsp
Sweet corn Sundal recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly you can cook sweet corn by two methods.
(I) Cook sweetcorn kernels with enough water and salt for five minutes. Switch off flame and drain water.
(ii) You can cook in steam as I have shown below in the photo. Keep it in a idiyappam pan, above a container with water, close and cook under steam.
2. Cook sweet corn by following any one of the method given above and collect cooked sweet corns in a bowl.
3. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal, asafoetida, split chillies and curry leaves. Further add the cooked kernels to the pan and check for salt. Add grated coconut and lemon juice. Finally mix well and transfer to serving bowl and serve hot.