Sweet corn recipes explains about the method of preparation of various dishes using the ingredient sweet corn. Many of us may not know how to make use of sweet corn and prepare various dishes. It is eaten as a vegetable rather than a grain. and sweet corn kernels are available and consumed fresh, canned or frozen.
Sweet corn recipes:-
This sweet corn is one of the six major types of corn, the others being the dent corn, flint corn, pod corn, pop corn and flour corn. The kernels are boiled or steamed and often used as a pizza topping or in salads. We can also prepare cutlets, soups, vada, pulao, chaat, pakoda, sandwich and sundal. We can prepare milk from sweet corn and use to thicken the dishes.
Sweet corn recipes -7 health benefits of sweet corn are as follows.
1. Corn is a rich source of calories. 2. It is loaded with the B-vitamin complex. 3. Sweet corn can help to fight anemia. 4. It also helps to improve one’s cholesterol levels. 5. Sweet corn can help to boost vitamin A levels. 6. Corn starch may possess cosmetic benefits. 7. It helps one to fight cancer.
1. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet corn sandwich | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் சாண்ட்விச்
We can prepare this easy sandwich with sweet corn and serve in the evenings along with tea or even for breakfast. We use cooked sweet corn, carrot, cheese, pepper powder, garam masala, chat masala, herbs like coriander and pudina, green chutney and onion to prepare this sandwich.
Here is a video for the sandwich recipe:-
2. Sweet corn recipes – Crispy Sweetcorn Kurkure | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் வறுவல்
First of all we cook sweet corn kernels in boiling water and then deep fry it in oil with rice flour coatings. Everyone will love this snacks because of its crispness and we can prepare this kurkure as evening snacks or in between meals or as prasadham for goddess Durga during Navarathri festival.
3. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet corn Sundal recipe | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் சுண்டல்
Sweet corn Sundal is a tasty and yummy Sundal which you can be prepare in the evenings for kids from school. You can also prepare this sundal during Navarathri for neivedhyam to goddess Durga and distribute as prasadham. You can prepare this very easily if you have the corn kernels at home. If not you can also separate the kernels from sweet corn using a knife.
4. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet corn fried rice | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் புலவு
You can prepare a tasty fried rice with sweet corn and this rice is prepared with ingredients like sweet corn, capsicum, carrots, onion and other spices. Here we cook rice separately and the vegetables separately and finally mix both of them. We add pepper powder and salt and you can serve with any side dish such as raitas of your wish or alone.
5. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet corn pakoda recipe | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் பக்கோடா
Spicy sweet corn pakoda is a perfect tea time snacks which we can be prepare for the evenings. Cooked sweet corn kernels, gram flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, green chilly, chopped onion, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and salt were the ingredients which we use.
6. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet corn soup recipe | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் சூப்
We can also prepare a soup with sweet corn which will be wonderful in taste. Here we prepare soup using corn milk, corn flour and salt and garnish with chopped carrots and cilantro and serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold. Sweet corn soup is a healthy, easy to prepare and a tasty soup.
7. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet corn masala gravy recipe | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் கிரேவி
Masala gravy with sweet corn is a tasty side dish prepared with sweet corn which can be served as side dish for phulkas, roti, naan or chapathi and all other Indian breads. The main ingredients are sweet corn , onion, tomatoes, capsicum with other spices and salt.
8. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet corn street chat | சுட்ட மற்றும் அவித்த சோளம்
You might have ate this sweet corn chat in many tourist spots and during the winter season or in hill stations. You can prepare this chat easily even at home in your stove. Here we grill the sweet corn and sprinkle red chilly powder and salt mixture with lemon juice and ghee. Instead of red chilly powder you can also use pepper powder if you wish.
9. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet Corn kebab or cutlet recipe | ஸ்வீட் கார்ன் கட்லட்
Kebab or cutlet is another tasty snacks which you can prepare and serve along with tea in the evenings or as starter in a feast. You can also fill the breads and buns with this cutlets we add many vegetables in this cutlet and therefore it becomes very healthy.
10. Sweet corn recipes – Sweet Corn milk preparation | மக்கா சோழ பால் செய்முறை
We can prepare this sweet corn milk and use it in various other recipes such as soups, payasams, kuzhambu and many more recipes instead of coconut milk. I here teach you how to separate corn kernels from the corn and then to prepare corn milk.
If you like these recipes please like and share with your friends. Like us and subscribe to know future updates. Thank you for reading.