Sweet corn fried rice | sweet corn recipes is a tasty variety rice prepared with sweet corn, capsicum, carrots, onion and other spices. We cook rice separately and the vegetables separately and mix finally. We add pepper powder and salt and this can be served with any side dish of your wish or can be consumed alone.
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- basmati rice – 1 cup
- sweet corn kernels/ cholam – 1 cup
- capsicim / kudai milagai – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- carrot – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- green chilly / pachai milagai – 1 (slit)
- garlic / poondu – 1 tsp
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- finely chopped coriander leaves and 1 tsp of coconut oil for garnishing
1. Firstly chop the vegetables into cubes and keep it ready along with the sweet corn kernels and rice.
2. Secondly soak rice in water for 10 to 15 minutes and cook rice separately.
3. I cooked rice in an electric cooker.
4. Meanwhile heat one tsp of oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and slit green chilly.
5. Fry for one minute and after that add chopped onion and sauté.
6. When onions turn pale add chopped vegetables and fry in low or medium flame.
7. Stir often inbetween without sticking to the pan. Sprinkle little water during the process if needed and close the fry pan using a lid and cook well. Finally when it is done add salt and pepper powder.
8. Mix the ingredients well and switch off the stove and finally add cooked rice and one tsp of coconut oil.
9. Like wise mix well the rice without breaking and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. As a result you will get yummy sweet corn rice.