Sweet Beeda’s are not only tasty, it helps in digestion after a heavy meal. Edible Calcium paste helps calcium needs. I am a great fan of Sweet Beeda. I usually grow betel leaves at home or always store betel leaves in refrigerator. It’s very easy to prepare at home and I have given in steps that you can understand easily.
betel leaves – 1-2 (vetrilai)
calcium paste – little (chunnambu)
honey – a drop
dried grapes- few
almonds- few (cut)
fennel seeds- few
coconut flakes – few
cloves – 1
Tutti frutti – few
Betel nuts – few
dried cherry – 1
1. Take the betel leaves and cut along the veins upto half of the leaf as shown in the photo.
2. Turn back and apply a drop of calcium paste also called as chunnambu in tamil.
3. Apply a drop of honey over it.
4. Put few betel nut in it.
5. Add one or two pieces of all the needed ingredients as per wish.
6. Fold the betel leaf and pack it.
7. Close the pack using a clove, or a cherry piece using a tooth pick.
8. These betel leaf, and betel nuts helps in digestion after a heavy meal.