Stuffed Brinjal Roast recipe | முழு கத்தரிக்காய் ரோஸ்ட் prepared using the whole brinjal without chopping. Stufffed with spices and used as side dish along with Phulkas.
Brinjals are available in all season, all over India. So lets learn some delicious recipes using Brinjals. This is a type of roast which everyone loves. This stuffed brinjal roast can be used as side dish for rice or roti’s. Lets see about the preparation now. This is an Andhra cuisine.
Preparation Time:- 45 minutes
To Serve:- 2-3
Stuffed Brinjal Roast recipe – Ingredients:-
- Small Brinjals – 1/4 kg (as we roast the brinjals without cutting into pieces, it’s better to select smaller ones)
- Tamarind Paste / puzhi paste – 1 tsp paste or juice from a lemon size tamarind
Stuffed Brinjal Roast recipe – Ingredients to grind:-
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Cinnomon stick – 1″ piece
- Garlic – 2 tblsp (chopped)
- Red Chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- Jaggery / vellam – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Stuffed Brinjal Roast recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
Stuffed Brinjal Roast recipe – Method of preparation:-
- Firstly heat 1/2 tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add cinnomon stick, chopped garlic and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes and cool it to room temperature. Grind it to a fine paste.
2. Then add Turmeric powder, Red chilly powder, Coriander powder, Jaggery and Salt and grind once again to mix smooth.
3. Cut Brinjals from the base like + as i have shown. Do not cut the stalks.
4.Fill the brinjals with the masala paste prepared. If you have extra masala have it. This can be added at the end.
5. Secondly heat 2 tea spoons of oil in a fry pan and add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and saute for few seconds
6. Add stuffed brinjals and cook on medium or low flame.
7. Now cover with lid, and cook in low flame for 10 – 15 minutes. Stir in between so that the brinjals will not burn. Then add tamarind along with a cup of water. Add if you have extra masala and check for salt.
8. Again close lid and cook in low flame, till water content is reduced and brinjals get roasted well.
9. Serve with rice or roti.