Stuffed Brinjal Masala recipe | Andhra style brinjal curry is a tasty masala prepared using brinjals fully without chopping. Used as side dish for Phulkas, rotis and puris.
This is a very good recipe with brinjals, select small equal sized brinjals for this recipe, as we are going to cook this with the full vegetable without cutting. Tastes good and can be used as side dish for parathas, phulkas and rice.
Stuffed Brinjal Masala recipe – Ingredients:-
- small equal sized brinjals – 10 – 12 number
- grated coconut _ 1 tsp
- roasted peanuts / nila kadalai – 2 tsp
- sesame seeds / ellu – 2 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- grated coconut – 2 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- ginger / inji – 1/2 inch (chopped)
- garlic cloves / Poondu – 1 tblsp (chopped)
- chilly powder / milagai thool – 1 tsp
- coriander powder / malli thool – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- oil – 2 tblsp
- curry leaves – few
- salt – to taste
Stuffed Brinjal Masala recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly dry roast groundnuts and keep aside. Next roast sesame seeds and cumin seeds
2. Secondly add grated coconut and fry till the water content in it is removed.
3. In the same pan heat one more tea spoon of oil. Fry chopped onions, ginger and garlic and fry till it turns colour.
4. Further cool all the fried ingredients to room temperature and grind adding red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt.
5. Grind well without adding water. Now add lemon juice to it.
6. Meanwhile wash and dry brinjals and make two cuts like a plus at one end opposite to the stalk, so that masala can be stuffed easily. Do not remove the stem, but can be trimmed, so that they are not too long and can be removed easily while eating.
7. Stuff the brinjals with masala paste as much as possible.
8. Finally heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and then the stuffed brinjals and saute under medium flame. Turn the sides at constant intravels. Close and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Do not add water. Some masalas may come out of the brinjals. You can serve brinjals along with it. When brinjals were cooked well and becomes soft it will change colour. Now switch off the stove. Serve as side dish for rice or Phulkas.
Other recipes with brinjals are as follows