Sprouted green gram kichadi | moong kichadi helps in weight loss. This kichadi is prepared with diet rice, green gram sprouts, onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and black salt. According to Ayurveda green gram is energetic with protein and very helpful in reducing weight. This is considered as a diet plan recipe. This kichadi can be consumed as breakfast. Ayurveda consider green gram as a super food.
Check green gram – health benefits.
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- fast rice 1/4 cup
- garlic – 2 tsp (chopped)
- ginger – 1 tsp (chopped)
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- carrot – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- green gram sprouts – 3/4 cup
- black salt or table salt – to taste
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- water – as needed
1. Dry roast fast rice till it is hot to touch.
2. Add chopped garlic and sauté.
3. Add chopped ginger and sauté again.
4. Next add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Now add chopped carrots and sauté.
6. Now add green gram sprouts and sauté.
7. Mix well all the ingredients.
8. Add two cups of water and one tsp of cumin seeds.
9. Keep it in low flame and close it with a lid. Open and stir in between. When all the ingredients were well cooked add black salt.
10. Mix well and keep in low flame for two more minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot. This kichadi helps in weight loss.