Spring onions soup recipe | Vengayathal | வெங்காயத்தாள் is a soup prepared using spring onions, potato, garlic and lemon juice. Potatoes added here helps to thicken the soup. Spices and salt added to improve taste. This is an easy to prepare healthy recipe for you. Spring onions helps in weight reduction. Now let us prepare a soup with spring onions following the easy steps given below.
Health benefits of Spring Onions – reference
- spring onions – 2 cups (chopped)
- potato – 1 (chopped)
- garlic/ poondu – 4 cloves
- lemon juice – 1tsp
- pepper corn/ milagu – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- clean and chop spring onions into one or two inch pieces.
- scrap skin of potatoes and chop into small cubical pieces.
- remove skin and chop garlic cloves too.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add garlic cloves. Fry them till it changes colour. Then add chopped spring onions and sauté for few minutes.
2. Add chopped potatoes and fry.
3. When water gets completely evaporated, add one cup of water and close the pan with a lid and cook for few minutes.
4. When vegetables get cooked well, drain water through a stainer.
5. Cool to room temperature and blend the vegetables into a fine paste adding salt in a blender.
6. Mix with the filtered water with the blended vegetable paste and heat in a container. Add lemon juice check for taste. Serve with a drop of butter and pepper.
For other soup recipes in my website click on the links below.