Spicy sweet corn pakoda recipe | sweet corn recipes is a tasty snack that can be prepared for the evenings. Cooked sweet corn, gram flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, green chilly, chopped onion, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and salt were the ingredients mixed and deep fried in oil. On the other hand, this will be a perfect evening snacks which can be served along with tea.
Other sweet corn recipes are as follows:-
Now let us see how to prepare this sweet corn pakoda.
A short video for the preparation of sweet corn pakoda
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- cooked sweet corn kernels – 2 cups
- gram flour / kadalai maavu / besan – 1/2 cup
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 1/2 cup
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- ginger / inji – 1 tsp
- onion – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- green chilly / pachai milagai – 1 (finely chopped)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- garlic / poondu – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- salt – to taste
- oil – for deep frying
1. Firstly cook sweet corn kernels under steam for 5 minutes.
2. Secondly grind cooked corn kernels coarsly in a mixie.
3. Further mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl with coarsly ground sweet corn.
4. Meanwhile heat oil in a fry pan and make pakodas with the dough of any shape. For example I made it little lengthwise, and after that fry them in oil. Like wise make pakodas with all the dough and fry them.
5. Finally turn the sides and as a result you will get golden brown pakodas. Consequently take them out from oil and keep the fried pakodas on a tissue so that excess of oil will be removed.
6. After that serve with any desired chutney or tomato sauce.
If you like this recipe like, subscribe and share it with your friends