Spicy Chicken Red chilly gravy recipe Is another type of chicken gravy used as side dish for parathas and rice.
This is another type of Chicken gravy, used as side dish for rice, roti’s etc. This will be little spicy
Preparation Time:- 45 minutes
To Serve:- 4 persons
Chicken breasts – 1/2 kg
- Tomatoes – 3 (chopped)
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Juice of lime – 1 fruit
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Dry red chillies – 4 cut into small pieces
- Curry leaves – few
1.Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan.
2. Fry the washed chicken pieces for 5 minutes, remove and keep aside.
3. In the same oil, add cut red chillies, all the spice powders(except garam masala) and fry. Then add onion and saute for few minutes, followed by chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Sim for 5 minutes.
4. Add Chicken pieces along with required water. Close lid and cook chicken for 10 – 15 minutes.
5. After chicken is well cooked, add curry leaves, garam masala, salt and lemon juice. Mix well and keep in low flame for another 10 minutes.
6. When the gravy comes to your needed consistency, switch off flame, and transfer to the serving bowl.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve along with rice or roti.