Soyabeans is a rich source of protein. Soyabeans are beneficial for people that want to both lose and gain weight. It improves bone health and helps in digestion, diabetes, lowers cholesterol and boosts metabolic activities in body.
- soyabean – 1 cup (soaked in water overnight or for 8 hrs)
- onion – 2
- garlic – 4 pods
- ginger – 1 inch piece
- tomatoes – 2
- red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- tamarind pulp – 1 tsp
- coconut milk – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
- veg oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- hing – 1/4 tsp
1. Cook soya bean soaked in water for 8 hours in a pressure cooker with enough water for 10 minutes in medium flame after a whistle.
2. Drain excess of water.
3. Coarsly grind ginger, garlic and onion together and tomatoes separately. Extract milk from 1/2 coconut and keep separately.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and hing.
5. Next add coarsly ground onion with ginger, garlic and sauté for few minutes.
6. When it turns colour add coarsly ground tomatoes and sauté.
7. Now add half a cup of water and cook. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt. mix well.
8. Now add pressure cooked soya beans and tamarind juice.
9. Keep in low flame for 5 minutes. When all spices and vegetables are well cooked and mixed, switch off the stove and add coconut milk and serve along with idli, roti or dosa