Dry Soyabeans gravy recipe | Sabji | சோயாபீன்ஸ் கிரேவி is prepared using soya beans, onion, tomato, garlic and other spices with coconut milk As a gravy to use as side dish for all types of breads and rice.
Soybeans is a rich source of protein. Soyabeans are beneficial for people that want to both lose and gain weight. It improves bone health and helps in digestion, diabetes, lowers cholesterol and boosts metabolic activities in body.
- dry soya beans – 1 cup (soaked in water overnight or for 8 hrs)
- onion – 2 (chopped)
- garlic/ poondu – 4 pods
- ginger/ inji – 1 inch piece
- tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder/ malli podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- tamarind pulp/ puzhi – 1 tsp
- coconut milk/ thengai paal – 1 cup
- salt/ uppu – to taste
- veg oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- asafoetida/ perungaayam – 1/4 tsp
1. Cook soya bean soaked in water for 8 hours in a pressure cooker with enough water for 10 minutes in medium flame after a whistle.
2. Once pressure is released, drain excess of water.
3. Coarsly grind ginger, garlic and onion together and tomatoes separately. Extract milk from 1/2 coconut and keep it separately.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
5. When it splutters add coarsly ground onion with ginger, garlic and sauté for few minutes.
6. When it turns colour add coarsly ground tomatoes and sauté for few more minutes.
7. Now add half a cup of water and cook. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and keep in low or medium flame for five minutes.
8. Now add pressure cooked soya beans and tamarind juice.
9. Keep in low flame for 5 minutes. When all spices and vegetables are well cooked and mixed, switch off the stove and add coconut milk and serve along with idli, roti or dosa.
Other soya beans recipe in my site is Soya beans dry masala recipe