Soya beans dry masala recipe | சோயா பீன்ஸ் மசாலா is a side dish or snacks prepared with dry soya beans soaked in water over night, well cooked and tempered with spices and salt.
Soybeans is a good source of protein, B vitamins, minerals, calcium and fiber. It boosts metabolic activity in body, improves digestion and bone health. Helps to lower cholesterol levels, aids in managing weight and diabetes. It helps to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
We can use soya beans in many recipes. Today let us prepare soya beans dry masala, which can be used as side dish for rice or as evening snacks. Can also be prepared as a sundal during Navarathri festival.
- soya beans – 1 cup (soaked in water overnight)
- veg oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal/ ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- green chilly- 1 (slit)
- curry leaves – few
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- grated raw mango – 1 tsp (or 1/2 tsp or lemon juice)
- salt to taste
- grated coconut – 2 tsp
1. Soak soya beans in water overnight. Add enough water with soya beans and cook in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles or 5 minutes in low flame after a whistle.
2. Once pressure is released, drain water by pouring it in a filter.
3. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal, slit green chilly, curry leaves and chopped onion. Sauté for few minutes.
4. Then add cooked soya beans to fry pan. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Mix well. Sprinkle little water if needed and sauté for few minutes. Now add grated raw mango (or 1/2 tsp of lemon juice) and grated coconut. Once when all water evaporates and the curry becomes dry, switch off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Serve as side dish along with rice or in cups as evening snacks.
Other soya beans recipe in my website is as follows