Southindian style greenpeas masala recipe is a tasty side dish which you prepare with peas, red chilly and turmeric powder, onion, tomato, coconut and salt. Even more recipes with green peas in my website are:-
Today let us see how to prepare a masala with green peas.
Video link for the recipe:-
Southindian style greenpeas masala – Ingredients:-
- green peas / pachai pattani – 1 cup
- oil / ennai – 1 tsp
- pepper / milagu – 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds / sombu – 1/2 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- tomato – 1 (chopped)
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- ghee / nei – 2 tsp
Southindian style greenpeas masala – Ingredients to grind:-
- grated coconut – 4 tsp
- fennel seeds / sombu – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- poppy seeds / Kush Kush – 1/2 tsp
Southindian style greenpeas masala – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all keep all the ingredients ready. Grind grated coconut, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and poppy seeds with little water to get a paste.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add pepper and fennel seeds. When it splutters add chopped onion and curry leaves. Next we should add chopped tomatoes when onions turn pale.
3. Thirdly put the green peas in fry pan and sauté well. Pour one cup of water, close and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
4. During these five minutes green peas will be cooked well and becomes soft. Then add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. Give a quick stir.
5. After that add ground coconut paste and allow the ingredients to merge for two minutes in medium flame. As a result the masala will become thick.
6. Finally you can put two tea spoons of ghee in addition. Stir well and switch off the stove. You can serve this masala along with meals.