South Indian mixture recipe | Poongodi’s kitchen is a popular mixture served in south India. This mixture will be spicy with lots of curry leaves with a nice flavour. There are many variations in mixture recipe with different ingredients. I have posted two of it before, one with corn flakes as Corn flakes mixture recipe | Easy Diwali mixture and the other with Sabudana as Javvarisi mixture recipe | crispy sabudana chiwda. Now let us see how to prepare this tasty South Indian mixture.
South Indian mixture recipe – Ingredients:-
- Omapodi – 2 cup
- Kara boondi – 1 cup
- pea nuts / ground nuts / nila kadalai – cup
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – cup
- fried gram / pottu kadalai – cup
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – cup
South Indian mixture recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly prepare Omapodi and collect two cups of it.
2. Secondly prepare Kara boondi and collect one cup of it.
3. After that deep fry pea nuts in oil until it starts to pop up and turns colour. Remove and keep on a tissue to remove excess oil.
4. Further deep fry cashew nuts to golden yellow. Keep it on a tissue.
5. Deep fry fried gram until it start to turn colour. Remove it and keep on a tissue.
6. Then deep fry curry leaves till crispy.
7. Put all these fried ingredients in a bowl, and add half a tea spoon of red chilly powder, salt and asafoetida when the mixture is warm.
8. Finally break curry leaves and mix well. You will get a good flavour of curry leaves and the mixture. Cool down to room temperature and store it in an air tight container. Serve when ever needed. This is a good tea time snacks.