Soft Rasamalai recipe | Easy rasamalai preparation is very simple to prepare sweet at home with milk and sugar as the main ingredients. Mouth melting Bengali Sweet which is popular among Indian sweets. Here the flattened balls of chenna (cottage cheese) is cooked in sugar syrup and soaked in condensed milk which is of creamy consistency. Chilled, garnished with chopped nuts and served. They are delicious, soft, juicy and creamy which everyone will love. See – Health benefits of paneer which is the main ingredient in this sweet.
Soft Rasamalai recipe | Easy rasamalai preparation- Rasamalai can be prepared in two ways.
1. Easy and quick Rasamalai can be prepared by using store bought rasgullas and a tin of condensed milk. Just squeeze the rasgullas and soak them in condensed milk, garnish with chopped nuts and serve.
2. Complete preparation at home by making paneer at home, boiling in sugar syrup, condensing the milk to a creamy texture called rabri. Finally dunking them in condensed milk and garnishing with nuts.
- milk for chenna – 1 liter
- milk for rabri – 3/4 liter
- lemon juice – from one fruit
- sugar – 1 cup
- pista – few for garnishing (finely chopped)
- saffron – pinch
1. Condense milk to rabri – Heat 3/4 litre of milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add saffron and sugar when milk boils and rises up. Lower the flame and stir at intervals. Creamy layer forms often. Just move it aside and boil until milk thinkens and reduces to half the quantity. Keep it ready.
2. Making chenna – Boil one litre of milk in a pan. When milk boils well and rises up, simmer the stove and add lemon juice little by little.
- When milk curdles completely and chenna separates from whey, add ice cubes.
- Drain chenna using a muslin cloth above a sieve.
- Squeeze the excess whey, make a knot and hang it for 30 minutes.
- Take the chenna, place it in a bowl and knead well for around 5 minutes, till fat separates and your hands becomes greasy. Now make round balls out of it and flatten it.
3. Making sugar syrup – Boil 2 cups of water with one cup of sugar. Stir well and add cardomom powder when sugar dissolves.
- Add the flattened chenna discs to boiling sugar syrup and cook for 5-6 minutes in medium flame.
4. Assembling Rasamalai – Remove the flattened discs from sugar syrup, squeeze it.
- Add it to rabri prepared already. (Condensed milk) Garnish with finely chopped nuts and serve.
More sweet recipes on my website click on