Snake gourd | Pudalangai Pakoda recipe | புடலங்காய் can easily made as we can mix the ingredients instantly. This can be prepared as evenings snacks and can be served with any chutney or tomato sauce. We have already prepared a few snacks such as Ribbon Pakoda , Onion Pakoda, Milagai Bajji , beach sundal, Vegetable Cutlet , Potato Samosa and many more. These pakodas are from snake gourd. This can also be prepared with onions, cauliflower and other vegetables. Pakoda – Wikipedia
- snake gourd / pudalangai – 1/4 kg
- besan flour / kadalai maavu – 1 cup
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 1/4 cup
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- carom seeds / Omam – 1/4 tsp
- ginger, garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1/2 tsp
- cooking soda – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – for deep frying
1. Wash and cut snake gourd into round as well as long pieces as you wish and remove seeds.
2. Mix besan and rice flour along with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds, ginger garlic paste, cooking soda and salt in a bowl, add enough water and make into a smooth batter.(like bajji batter)
3. Dip snake gourd pieces in the batter (till batter sticks on all sides of the snake gourd) and deep fry in oil at medium flame.
4. Turn the sides till you get golden brown evenly on all sides, remove and keep on absorbent paper.
5. Serve with curd rice or as evening snacks along with any chutney or tomato sauce.
More recipes with snake gourd are as follows