Snake gourd coconut milk curry | pudalangai thengai paal is a side dish prepared using snake gourd, onion, tomatoes and coconut milk, spiced with red chilly powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
Snake gourd is the common name refered to the narrow, twisted, elongated fruit. The fruit has an unpleasant odour and a slightly bitter taste, both of which disappear in cooking. This is used as a side dish for rice or chapathi.
other dishes with snake gourd in my blog are given below.
- Snake gourd/ pudalangai – 1/2 kg (Chopped)
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste/ inji poondu paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilly powder/ milagai thool – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder/ seeragathool – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, add onion and sauté for few minutes.