Sirukizhangu Pepper fry recipe is also called as Chinese potato fry. This is a tasty side dish which we prepare with sirukizhangu, salt, pepper, red chillies, mustard seeds and urad dal. To know about the the vegetable click on All about Sirukizhangu
This plant is used for treating stomach disorders, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth and throat infection. Abdominal pain, wounds, burns, insect bites and other sensory disorders are also cured.
Various tests that were conducted on this plant shows that this plant has nutritional and anti nutritional components. So you can use this as medicine for certain diseases.
It can also improve immunity and body’s defense mechanism.
Sirukizhangu Pepper fry recipe – ingredients:-
- Chinese potato / Sirukizhangu – 1/4 kg
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 2 number
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- salt / uppu – to taste
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
Sirukizhangu Pepper fry recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash sirukizhangu well in running water. Put it in a pressure cooker with enough water and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame after you get a whistle.
2. Drain water.
3. Remove skin completely.
4. Chop each kizhangu into four pieces lengthwise.
5. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal.
6. When it turns golden add chopped red chillies and curry leaves.
7. Further add chopped sirukizhangu along with salt.
8. Sauté well in medium flame for two minutes till all ingredients mix well together.
9. Mean while grind dry pepper in a mixie jar into a coarse powder.
10. Finally add half a tea spoon of pepper powder and mix well.
11. Switch off stove and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as side dish along with rice