Sirukizhangu Pepper fry recipe | Chinese potato fry is a tasty side dish prepared with sirukizhangu, salt, pepper, red chillies, mustard seeds and urad dal. About the vegetable – All about Sirukizhangu
This plant is used for treating stomach disorders, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth and throat infection, abdominal pain, wounds, burns, insect bites and other sensory disorders.
Various tests that were conducted on this plant shows that this plant has nutritional and anti nutritional components and can be used as medicine for certain diseases.
It can also improve immunity and body’s defense mechanism.
- sirukizhangu / Chinese potato – 1/4 kg
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 2 number
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- salt / uppu – to taste
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash sirukizhangu well, put it in a pressure cooker with enough water and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame after yuget a whistle.
2. Drain water.
3. Remove skin completely.
4. Chop each kizhangu into four pieces lengthwise.
5. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal.
6. When it turns golden add chopped red chillies and curry leaves.
7. Now add chopped sirukizhangu along with salt.
8. Sauté well in medium flame for two minutes till all ingredients mix well together.
9. Grind Pepper in a mixie jar dry into a coarse powder.
10. Add half a tsp of pepper powder and mix well.
11. Mix well, switch off stove and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as side dish along with rice