Shimla Mirchi Tomato Sabji | Bell Pepper recipe is a tasty side dish for parathas with onion, spices and salt. This is easy to prepare in few minutes. Always select fresh juicy tomatoes so that the recipe will taste good. This combination of Shimla mirchi and tomato gives a good colour, texture and flavour. The dish is very simple with good taste and even bachelors can try at home.
- shimla mirchi / bell pepper / kudaimilagai – 1 cup (chopped)
- juicy tomatoes – 1 cup (chopped)
- onion – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- garlic cloves – 4 number (chopped)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
1. Chop all the vegetables and keep it ready in a bowl.
2. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan and add cumin seeds.
3. When it splutters add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. When it turns pale add chopped Shimla mirchi and sauté again for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add chopped juicy tomatoes. Close and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
6. When the tomatoes becomes mushy add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt.
7. Mix well and add water needed. Close and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
8. When the gravy becomes thick and reaches your required consistency, switch off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.