Shahi Paneer recipe | Punjabi sidedish prepared with paneer, onion, ginger-garlic, chilly, cashew nuts, curd, spices and salt to serve as side dish along with Phulkas, Triangular paratha, Lachha paratha and Puri. Know about Punjabi cuisine through the link Punjabi cuisine – Wikipedia.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Shahi Paneer recipe – Ingredients:-
- paneer – 200 grams Home made paneer cubes
- onion – 1 (ground coarsly)
- cloves / kirambu – 2 number
- black pepper / milagu – 2 number
- bay leaf / brinji ilai – 1
- cinnamon / pattai – 1
- green chilly – 1
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – 10 number
- curd / Yogurt/ thayir – 1/4 cup
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- milk – 1/2 cup
- salt – to taste
- green cardomom powder – pinch
Shahi Paneer recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cut paneer into half inch wide and one inch long pieces.
2. Grind onion into a coarse paste.
3. Grind cashew nuts into a fine paste separately.
4. Keep all the other ingredients ready.
5. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a kadai, add cloves, pepper, cinnamon, bay leaf and sauté. All these spices will pop up. Now add green chilli, onion paste and ginger garlic paste and sauté in low flame for 3 minutes.
6. Thirdly add ground onion and sauté for another one minute.
7. Further add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
8. Next add cashew paste and sauté.
9. Then add curd / yogurt and sauté till water content in curd gets absorbed.
10. Next add milk and Garam masala powder and sauté till it gets absorbed.
11. Finally add paneer cubes and stir gently to mix without breaking the paneer.
8. Sprinkle little green cardomon powder and serve as side dish for dry roti
you may also like