Shahi Paneer recipe | Punjabi sidedish prepared with paneer, onion, ginger-garlic, chilly, cashew nuts, curd, spices and salt to serve as side dish along with Phulkas, Triangular paratha, Lachha paratha and Puri. Know about Punjabi cuisine through the link Punjabi cuisine – Wikipedia.
- paneer – 200 grams Home made paneer cubes
- onion – 1 (ground coarsly)
- cloves / kirambu – 2 number
- black pepper / milagu – 2 number
- bay leaf / brinji ilai – 1
- cinnamon / pattai – 1
- green chilly – 1
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – 10 number
- curd / Yogurt/ thayir – 1/4 cup
- cream – 2 tblsp
- saffron – pinch
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- milk – 1/2 cup
- salt – to taste
- green cardomom powder – pinch
1. Cut paneer into half inch wide and one inch long pieces. Grind onion into a coarse paste. Grind cashew nuts into a fine paste separately. Keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Heat oil in kadai, add cloves, pepper, cinnamon, bay leaf and sauté. All these spices will pop up.
3. Now add green chilli, onion paste and ginger garlic paste and sauté in low flame for 3 minutes.
4. Add cashew paste and sauté for another one minute.
5. Add curd / yogurt and sauté till water in yogurt gets absorbed.
6. Stir the cream, saffron, milk and garam masala powder and salt to taste.
7. Add paneer and stir gently to mix without breaking the paneer.
8. Sprinkle little green cardomon powder and serve as side dish for dry roti
you may also like