Shahi Mushroom cashewnut recipe | காளான் கிரேவி செய்முறை is a tasty side dish prepared with mushroom, tomatoes and cashew nuts with spices and salt used for all types of parathas. We have already prepared some side dishes using mushrooms with coconut milk. But here we prepare the dish without adding coconut milk.
Shahi Mushroom cashewnut recipe – Ingredients:-
- Mushrooms – 200 grams
- Ghee or Oil – for shallow frying
Shahi Mushroom cashewnut recipe – Ingredients for spice powder:-
- Black cardomom – 1
- Green cardomom – 3
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnomon sticks – 2 one inch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp (dry ginger preferred)
Shahi Mushroom cashewnut recipe – Ingredients for gravy:-
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Onion paste – 2 tblsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 2 (crushed coarsely)
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Tomato purée – from 250 gms
- Cashew paste – 3 tblsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Lemon – 1/2
Shahi Mushroom cashewnut recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly shallow fry mushrooms till it turns brown, and keep aside.
2. Secondly dry roast the spices, black and green cardomom, cloves, cinnomon sticks, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper and ginger. Cool down and powder it.
3. Thirdly heat 1 tea spoon of ghee in a fry pan, add bay leaf and cumin seeds. Sauté for a minute and add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, and coarsely crushed green chillies. Sauté till raw smell leaves.
4. Next add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar with little water and mix well.
5. Further add tomato purée and mix well. Keep in low flame for 5 minutes till the gravy becomes thick.
6. Add the dry powdered spices.
7. Next add cashew paste and mix well.
8. Further add butter and lemon juice from 1/2 lemon.
9. Slow down the flame, check for salt and taste. Finally add fried mushrooms. Close lid and keep it in low flame for another 10 minutes.
10. Add 1 tea spoon of ghee, garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve along with phulkas.