Semia payasam recipe | Vermicelli kheer is a neivedhyam recipe which can be given as prasadham to god or as a delicious sweet for guests during celebrations. This is one of the easiest kheer recipe that can be prepared even by bachelors in just 10 to 15 minutes. Whether it is a festival day or a regular day, you can just prepare this easy Indian sweet dish to make your day special. We cook vermicelli in water, add milk and flavour with green cardomom powder and add sugar or jaggery for sweetness. You can use any kind of vermicelli which is available in the market for preparing this payasam.
- semia / vermicelli – 1/2 cup
- sugar – 1/2 cup (can also use jaggery 1/2 a cup)
- green cardomom powder / elakkai powder – pinch
- milk – 1 cup
- water – as needed
- ghee – 2 tsp
- cashewnuts and dry grapes – as needed
1. Heat ghee in a fry pan and add cashewnuts and dry grapes till golden, remove and keep it aside to garnish.
2. Add semia and roast lightly to golden. Add water and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add milk and cook semia again.
4. When it becomes thick add sugar. Keep stirring to prevent the payasam from burning. Add cardomom powder. Cook in low flame for 3-4 minutes till payasam thickens.
5. Garnish with fried cashewnuts and dry grapes.
6. You can use this payasam for neivedhyam to god, or for guests during a special meal. This can be served either warm or chilled.
You may also like