Sabudana tikki recipe | javvarisi cutlet will usually be prepared during fasting on Navarathri festival. You can make this tikki as snacks in the evening or as starters during functions. Apart from Sabudana and potato we add flavouring ingredients such as pepper powder, sugar, salt, green chilly and lemon juice. We have already prepared Sabudana dosa, sabudana chiwda, Javvarisi kuzhi Paniyaram, Sabudana vada, Sabundana Kichadi and Sago kheer.
Now let us see how to prepare Sabudana tikki in simple steps.
Ingredients:- (200ml cup used)
- sabudana / sago / javvarisi – 1 cup
- potatoes – 2 number
- green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few (finely chopped)
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1/2 tsp
- oil – for frying
1. Wash and soak Sabudana for 2-3 hours.
2. Cook potato well in a pressure cooker or in an open pan with enough water till the skin breaks. Remove skin and keep it ready.
3. Finely chop green chilly and curry leaves and collect all the required ingredients in a separate plate and keep it ready.
4. Take a bowl and put soaked sabudana, cooked potatoes and other ingredients. Mix well with your hands to make a smooth flour.
5. Now grease your hands with oil, take ball size flour in your hands and flatten it to make tikkis.
6. Heat a flat pan, sprinkle oil and fry the tikkis in it.
7. When one side was fried well, turn the other side and fry till it turns to golden brown colour.
8. You can serve this Sabudana tikki with any chutney or sauce of your wish as starters or as evening snacks.