Sabudana tikki recipe | javvarisi cutlet will usually be prepared during fasting on Navarathri festival. You can make this tikki as snacks in the evening or as starters during functions. Apart from Sabudana and potato we add flavouring ingredients such as pepper powder, sugar, salt, green chilly and lemon juice. We have already prepared Sabudana dosa, sabudana chiwda, Javvarisi kuzhi Paniyaram, Sabudana vada, Sabundana Kichadi and Sago kheer.
Now let us see how to prepare Sabudana tikki in simple steps.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Sabudana tikki recipe – Ingredients:- (200ml cup used)
- sabudana / sago / javvarisi – 1 cup
- potatoes – 2 number
- green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few (finely chopped)
- bread crumbs – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1/2 tsp
- oil – for frying
Sabudana tikki recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak Sabudana for 2 to 3 hours.
2. On the other hand cook potato well in a pressure cooker or in an open pan with enough water till the skin breaks. Remove skin and keep it ready.
3. Secondly chop green chilly and curry leaves finely and collect all the required ingredients in a separate plate and keep it ready.
4. Thirdly take a bowl and put soaked sabudana, cooked potatoes and other ingredients. Mix well with your hands to make a smooth flour.
5. After that grease your hands with oil, take ball size flour in your hands and flatten it to make tikkis.
6. Coat the cutlets with bread crumbs.
7. Finally heat a flat pan, sprinkle oil and fry the tikkis in it.
7. When one side was fried well, turn the other side and fry till it turns to golden brown colour.
8. You can serve this Sabudana tikki with any chutney or sauce of your wish or as starters or as evening snacks.