Rice flour vegetable momos or arisi maavu kaaikari Kolukattai can be prepared as evening snacks. We stuff the momos with vegetables which is very healthy. We cook these momos under steam. It will be a healthy recipe for school kids and it will be easy to carry. Here we make the outer cover with rice flour. We have already prepared vegetable momos with the outer covering with maida. Recipe link is Vegetable momos recipe. Other momos we have already prepared are Red rice dumplings, jaggery Sweet Modak, Mani Kolukattai, Chicken momos, Uppu Kolukattai and many more types.
Rice flour vegetable momos – Ingredients:-
Rice flour vegetable momos – Ingredients for outer cover:-
- idiyappam or kolukattai flour – 2 cups (200ml cup used)
- water – as needed
Rice flour vegetable momos – Ingredients for stuffing:-
- vegetables – 2 cups cubed (carrots, peasm cauliflower, beans, potato preferred)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
Rice flour vegetable momos – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly prepare the vegetable filling. You can refer any one of the following for filling. Prepare Peas, Carrot, Potato Masala. Cauliflower dry masala curry, Easy Potato masala, or Beans masala and keep it ready.
2. Secondly take kolukattai flour in a bowl. Add required salt and mix well. Boil water in a tea pan. Pour water little by little to Kolukattai flour.
3. Thirdly mix well using a spatula and close it for 5 minutes. Then after five minutes knead the flour well. Further grease your palm with a drop of ghee. Take ball size of dough make it into a ball and flatten it using your fingers to form a circle.
4. Mean while prepare a masala with the vegetable you prefer. I have given few links in the beginning for masala preparation. Keep one tea spoon of masala in the center of the circle.
5. Close it and press a little with your fingers in the corners. Finally cook under steam in an Idiyappam pan for 8-10 minutes.
6. Serve hot. You do not need any side dish for this recipe as we have the masala inside.