Ribbon Pakoda recipe | South Indian snacks is a crispy snacks prepared using rice flour, gram flour, red chilly powder, sesame seeds, butter and salt. Usually prepared during festivals like Diwali, Krishna Jayanthi. Nutritional benefits of rice which is the main ingredient in this snacks.
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 2 cup
- gram flour / besan / kadalai maavu – 1 cup
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 2 tsp
- sesame seeds / ellu – 1 tsp (crushed)
- butter / vennai – 2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – 2 pinch
- salt – to taste
1. Take rice powder sieve it and collect it in a bowl.
2. Add gram flour to the bowl.
3. Add red chilly powder, crushed sesame seeds, butter, asafoetida and salt to the bowl.
4. Mix into a soft dough using water little by little.
5. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Take the ribbon pakoda achu in a kitchen press as shown in the photo below.
6. Add dough into the kitchen press and keep it ready.
7. When the oil is hot, make round layer in hot oil and fry. Keep the stove in medium flame.
8. When it is fried on one side flip using a ladle.
9. When both sides turns golden and the sizzling sound subsides, take it out from oil and keep it on a tissue.
10. Repeat the process for all the remaining dough. Cool the ribbon pakoda for 10-15 minutes and store it in a container.
For more snacks recipes in my website click on the following links