Red rice dosa recipe | sivappu arisi dosai is prepared from red rice. Dosa is a popular South Indian dish which will be served with a chutney or sambar during breakfast or dinner. The methods are same as rice dosa recipe. This red rice dosa is healthy and very tasty, little thicker than the ordinary white rice dosa.
Red rice is a variety of rice that is colored red by its anthocyanin content. It is usually eaten unhulled or partially hulled, and has a red husk, rather than the more common brown. Red rice has a nutty flavor. Red rice dosa is easy to prepare if you follow the steps given below carefully.
- red rice / sivappu arisi – 2 cups
- whole urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 cup
- salt / uppu – to taste
1. Wash and soak red rice and urad dal separately for 3-4 hours.
2. Grind urad dal for 30 minutes and red rice for 30 minutes separately.
3. Mix both the batter together well adding salt. Leave it overnight for fermentation.
4. In the morning level of batter will be raised after fermentation as you see in the photo.
5. Heat dosa pan, and add two ladle of batter and spread it into a circle. Sprinkle one tsp of oil and close using a lid.
6. After one minute remove from pan and serve along with chutney or podi.
Other varieties of dosa are below in my website. Click on and learn to prepare different varieties of dosas. Give me your valuable comments on this recipe. If you like this recipe share with your friends.