Raw Pappaya curry recipe | Pappalikkai Masala is prepared as a side dish for rice and parathas such as Phulka , Kulcha , Naan and paratha . This curry is prepared with dry coconut, peanuts, sesame seeds, red chillies, green chillies, onion and salt. Ripe pappaya has a number of health benefits, but in its raw form it holds a number of amazing health benefits too. Raw Pappaya is packed with vitamins, enzymes, magnesium, potassium, vitamins A , C, E and B. It helps to loose weight, beat diabetes, improves digestion, prevents vitamin deficiency, increase lactation and ease menstrual pain. Also try to know about Nutritional facts of raw pappaya
- raw pappaya / pappalikkai – 1 (medium size)
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 tsp
- curry leaves – few
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (slit)
- salt – to taste
- red chillies – 6 number
- ground nuts / peanuts – 2 tblsp
- sesame seeds / ellu – 2 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- dry coconut powder – 2 tblsp
1. Scrap the skin of the raw pappaya.
2. Chop Pappaya into small pieces as shown in the photo below and put it in water to remove the gum if any. Wash and take it out. Chop green chillies and onion too.
3. Boil water and cook chopped pappaya for around 10 minutes till it is cooked well and becomes soft.
4. Drain water and keep it ready.
5. Heat a dry pan and fry red chillies and peanuts.
6. Once when it is fried well add sesame seeds and cumin seeds and fry till it splutters.
7. Now add dry coconut and fry for one minute. Switch off the stove.
8. Cool down to room temperature and grind in a mixie.
9. Heat one tsp of oil in another fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add channa dal.
10. When it turns gold add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
11. When onions turn pale add cooked raw pappaya pieces along with salt.
12. Mix well and add the ground mixture of red chillies and other ingredients.
13. Stir well and keep in low flame for 2 minutes and switch off the stove.
You may also like