Raw Mango Mint chutney recipe | Maangai Pudina is a tasty side dish for idli, dosa or rice. Now the mango season started and we can try this tasty mango chutney. It is simple and easy to cook recipe. Kids and mango lovers will love this chutney. We have already prepared some recipes with raw mangoes in the season, such as maangai Vella pachadi with jaggery, Chettinad maangai pachadi with toor dal, maangai Thokku or thuvaiyal which will be like a pickle, cut mango pickle, maa vadu oorugai and many more. I have given some links at the end of this recipe.
Today let us prepare a chutney or thuvaiyal using it to use as side dish for idli or dosa.
Raw Mango Mint chutney – Ingredients:-
- Raw Mangoes- 2 (cut into square pieces)
- Mint/Pudina – small bunch or one cup
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Green chillies – 4-5 number
- Salt – to taste
Raw Mango Mint chutney – Method of preparation:-
- chop raw mangoes into square pieces with or without skin removing the seed. I have used the skin too because it has numerous health benefits.
- chop onion and green chillies too.
1. Firstly grind all the above ingredients, chopped raw mangoes, pudina, salt, green chillies and chopped onions together in a mixie to a fine paste.
Raw Mango Mint chutney – Ingredients for seasoning:-
- gingelly oil/ nal ennai – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1 tsp
- urad dal/ ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida/ perungayam – 1/2 tsp
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and when it turns golden yellow add asafoetida. Pour this seasoning I nto the ground chutney and serve as side dish with idli, dosa and rice.
For even more raw mango recipes in my website click on the links below