Raw Jack fruit fry recipe | Palakkai varuval is prepared by cooking raw jack fruit, marinating with spices, salt, rice powder and rava and shallow frying. We have already seen a dish with raw jack fruit Masala. See health benefits of raw jack fruit to get more information.
Raw Jack fruit fry – Ingredients:-
- palakkai / raw jack fruit – 300 grams
- sooji / rava – 2 tsp
- rice powder / arisi maavu – 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – 1/4 tsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
- oil – for shallow frying
Raw Jack fruit fry – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly chop the skin of the raw jack fruit. Then chop the vegetable into thick broad pieces with 1 cm thickness and put it in water. So that extra sticky gum in it will be removed.
2. Secondly pressure cook the vegetable for one whistle and drain water.
3. Now mix all the spices, salt, rava and rice powder. Dip the cooked raw jack fruit pieces in it and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Further heat two table spoons of oil in a fry pan and place the marinated raw jack fruit pieces in it to shallow fry.
5. When it turns golden brown on one side, turn the pieces upside down to fry on the other side.
6. Finally when it was fried golden brown equally on both the sides, remove from oil to a tissue. Serve along with rice as side dish.
Fir more related recipes in my website click on the following links