Raw field beans Poriyal recipe | pachai mochai sundal is prepared from fresh field beans which is raw. Field beans Poriyal or sundal is very easy to prepare and it is very healthy for kids. We just remove the beans from pods, cook well and add seasoning along with salt, few drops of lemon juice and salt and serve as snacks. It’s botanical name is Vicia faba.
Other recipes with field beans are
Raw field beans Poriyal – Ingredients:-
- raw field beans / pachai mochai – 2 cups
- oil – 1 tsps
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- onion – 2 tblsp (chopped)
- green chilly – 1 slit
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice – few drops or 1/2 tsp
- grated coconut – 2 tblsp
Raw field beans Poriyal – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly remove field beans from its pods and collect two cups of grains.
2. Secondly add one cup of water and raw field beans in a pressure cooker and cook for one whistle.
3. Once when pressure is released thirdly pour it in a filter and separate the cooked field beans.
4. Further heat one tea poon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds.
5. When it splutters add urad dal.
6. Then when it turns golden add slit green chilly, chopped onion and curry leaves.
6. Sauté for one minute and add cooked field beans along with required salt.
7. Mix well and finally add grated coconut.
8. Switch off the stove, add 1/2 a tea spoon of lemon juice (this can also be substituted by grated raw mango) and mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as evening snacks or as side dish along with rice.