Raw banana chips recipe or vaalakkai varuval is a crispy chips made from fresh raw bananas. This chips can be served as starters, snacks along with tea and as side dish with special meals. You can prefer this recipe when you have a lot of raw bananas from your garden. We have already prepared
Now let us see how to make crispy chips using raw bananas.
Raw banana chips recipe – Ingredients:-
- plantain / raw banana / vaalaikkai – 4 number
- oil – for deep frying
- salt – to taste
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
Raw banana chips recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all scrap the outer most skin of raw bananas and keep it ready. No need to scrap the skin completely. Just remove the green outer layer as shown in the photo below.
2. Secondly take a bowl full of water. Slice the raw bananas round wise one by one in water using a slicer.
3. Keep the sliced raw banana pieces in water ready and on the other hand heat required oil in a fry pan for deep frying.
4. Thirdly take handful of slices and press with both your hands to squeeze out the water content in it, without breaking the slices. Now put the slices one by one in oil and deep fry in medium or high flame.
5. Stir using a ladle continuously till it turns to golden yellow in colour on both the sides and crispy.
6. Remove the crispy chips from oil and keep on a tissue to remove excess of oil.
7. Finally sprinkle pepper powder and salt over fried chips and toss well in order to mix.