Simple delicious Rava Upma recipe | ரவா உப்புமா – will be a fast to cook and delicious dish when you are hungry. You can add vegetables to make it very healthy. See – Healthy vegetable Rava Upma recipe which we have already prepared. This rava upma is made from plain rava / semolina / sooji. This is an easy to cook breakfast recipe for bachelors and beginners. Can be served with any chutney, Sambar or podi. Try following the easy steps given below.
To Serve – 2 persons
Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Rava/ semolina/ sooji – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Ginger / inji – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1
- Red chilly – 1
- Curry leaves – few
- Fresh coriander – little
- Cashew nuts – few
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Dry roast rava in a pan until it becomes hot to touch and stop before it turns colour.
2. Roast cashew nuts to golden yellow and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, and when it splutters add urad dal.
3. When urad dal changes golden brown, add chillies, ginger, curry leaves and chopped onion and sauté for few minutes.
4.keep the stove in low flame, and add water and rava. Stir continuously, without forming lumps. When it is half cooked, add required salt and stir. When rava gets well cooked switch off the stove.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with roasted cashews, pepper, ghee and fresh coriander. Serve along with desired chutney.
You may also like