Rava laddu recipe | Suji ladoo recipe is a quick sweet recipe that can be prepared easily even by beginners. Ingredients used here are rava, sugar, coconut, ghee, dry grapes and cashew nuts. Coconut can be fresh or even dry. You can also use milk instead of ghee if it is consumed on the same day. This laddu can be prepared for neivedhyam or prasadham to god or during festivals like diwali.
Other laddu recipes are as follows.
Now let us go to the rava laddu recipe.
Rava laddu recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- rava / suji – 1 cup
- sugar / seeni – 1/2 cup
- coconut – 1/4 cup (fresh or dry)
- ghee / nei – 1/4 cup
- cardomom powder / elakkai podi – 1/4 tsp
- cashew nuts & dry grapes – few
Rava laddu recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Dry roast rava in a pan until you get a good smell and it is hot to touch. Set aside to cool.
2. Dry roast coconut until you get a good flavour. ( I have used dry coconut) Cool down to room temperature.
3. Powder sugar in a mixie.
4. Add roasted rava, coconut and cardomom powder and blend once together.
5. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Heat ghee in a pan and add broken cashew nuts.
6. When it turns golden brown add dry grapes.
7. When it pops up pour it in the bowl with the rava mixture.
8. Mix evenly with ghee.
9. Take small portion and roll to balls. Store in air tight container and use.